Employment of children in various industries (Small, Medium and Large), is noted to be illegal or considered exploitation. The children ages between 5 – 17 years are considered as Child Labours.
In 1996, CHILDLINE India Foundation (CIF) launched CHILDLINE, the country’s first toll-free tele-helpline for street children in distress. As of March 2015, total of 36 Million calls since inception have been serviced by CHILDLINE service and operates in 366cities/districts in 34 States/UTs through its network of over 700 partner organisations across India.
Child Helpline can be reached at 1908.
CHILDLINE stands for a friendly ‘didi’ or a sympathetic ‘bhaiya’ who is always there for vulnerable children 24 hours of the day, 365 days of the year.
CHILDLINE work for the protection of the rights of all children in general. But our special focus is on all children in need of care and protection, especially the more vulnerable sections, which include:
- Child victims of the flesh trade
- Victims of child trafficking
- Street children and youth living alone on the streets.
- Child labourers working in the unorganised and organised sectors.
- Domestic help, especially girl domestics.
- Children of commercial sex workers
- Children abandoned by parents or guardians
- Missing children.
- Children affected by physical / sexual / emotional abuse in family, schools or institutions.
- Children who need emotional support and guidance.
- Run away children.
- Children in institutions
- Mentally challenged children
- Children who are victims of substance abuse
- Children in conflict with the law
- HIV/ AIDS infected children
- Children affected by conflict and disaster
- Differently-abled children
- Child political refugees
- Children whose families are in crises
Resource Centre (SRRC)
Second Floor, No.2, Dr. Nair Road
T.Nagar, Chennai- 600 017, Tamil Nadu
Landmark: Near Vani Mahal
You can call us on: 044-2815 6098, 044-28158098